Awarding Regulations for International Students
General ProvisionsArticle 1 These regulations are based on the Regulations of Academic Degree Awarding of the People’s Republic of China, the Interim Implementation Measures of Academic Degree Awarding of the People’s Republic of China, and the relevant documents of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council and Ministry of Education as well as the special case of international students in China.
Article 2 Approved by the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council, North Sichuan Medical College (NSMC) is eligible to confer degrees to international students following the Regulations of Academic Degree Awarding of the People’s Republic of
Article 3 International students studying in NSMU must comply with
Article 4 Bachelors degree awarding criteria of international students:
1. Comply with PRC laws and regulations, abide by the rules and regulations of the school, good conduct, respect Chinese social morals and customs;
2. Has completed the requirements of the teaching plan, well learnt the basic theory of the specified disciplines, expertise and basic skills, allowed to graduate after audition;
3. Preliminary master the Chinese language: basic language ability and basic medical terminology;
4. Has completed rotatory internship and graduation project;
Article 5 The following conditions will withhold the granting of degree:
1. Violation of the relevant provisions of “Regulations for International Students” and having received probation (including probation) or more regulatory actions during study;
2. Received a warning, serious warning, but no obvious repentance, and again punished by other regulatory measures;
3. Received a warning and other regulatory punishment during rotatory internship;
4. Students who are unable to obtain graduation certificates, instead, only obtain a certificate of completion; (Students who failed in the graduation exam and were postponed to graduate can apply for make-up exam one year later. If they are qualified for graduation and Bachelor’s Degree, they can apply for the granting of Bachelor’s Degree. Postponed to graduate because of other reasons can not apply for Bachelor’s Degree.)
5. The number of make-up subjects exceeds the requirement for Bachelor’s degree (namely, having make-up exams in six major subjects);
6. The length of schooling exceeds the normal time because of demotion or suspension (because of regulatory punishment);
7. Confirmed cheating (co-cheating) in exam.
Article 6 International students bachelors degree applying and awarding procedure:
1. In accordance with the procedures listed in article 3, 4 and 5,
2. After the careful consideration of the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee of NSMU, Bachelor’s Degrees are issued and granted to the qualified candidates.
Article 7 Bachelor’s degree granted at other times due to the early or delayed graduation,
Article 8 The Academic Degree Evaluation Committee of NSMU is responsible of dealing with controversial issues and other matters in the degree-granting process and has the sole right to revoke the degree-granting decision in violation of the regulations. The Academic Degree Evaluation Committee of NSMC will report the number of degrees granted and the related materials to the competent departments for the record annually.
Article 9 These Rules shall be implemented on the date of issuance.
November 20, 2005